When starting out in Restaurant City, we often see all the cool looking equipment and want to jump right in to making our restaurant styled the way we want it. Marveling at the different types of tables, wall decorations, and ovens – trying to make everything match perfectly.
Unfortunately, having a really cool looking restaurant is more cosmetic than actually functional in this game. If you want to raise levels faster and make more money, then you will need to focus on functional designs first and cosmetic designs second.
Functional designs focus on things like:
- How fast can a customer be served?
- How can in-game popularity be increased?
- How can revenue be increased?
- How can customer wait time be decreased?
- How can we reduce dissatisfied customers?
For the most part, the more you focus on the functionality of your restaurant, the more money you will have available for cosmetic upgrades.