Why do we want our Restaurant City popularity to be high, and how do we get it there? Popularity in Restaurant City is listed in the top right of your game screen. This is the number next to the thumbs up icon, and measured on a scale from 0 to 50. This is the rating that customers give you based on their experience of your restaurant.
So thats what it is, but here is why we want our restaurant city popularity to be high. When customers have a good (or bad) opinion of your restaurant, it in effect is them telling their friends what they thought and the rest of your customers will react accordingly. When your popularity in restaurant city goes up, the amount of patrons visiting your restaurant will as well.
In order to increase your Restaurant City popularity rating, make sure to listen to your customers. You can do this by watching the cartoon bubble over their heads as they leave your establishment. Each one of these will indicate something to you.
– This shows a picture of a person sitting in a waiting chair, patiently awaiting a table. This is neutral on your popularity because it delays the customer’s opinion which affects your popularity. If you don’t have a waiting area or arcade, customers will automatically give you a negative opinion and decrease your popularity.
– This shows a dissatisfied customer leaving because it took too long to get a drink. This negatively affects your restaurant city popularity level. Other reasons for this happening could be that you don’t have a drink machine but you are serving a drink on your menu. You won’t have to worry about drinks until you unlock them at level 15.
– This shows a customer giving you a negative opinion because it took too long to get a meal. This hurts your popularity in restaurant city because you didn’t have enough staff, or efficient enough staff, to serve your customers.
– This shows a customer wanting to use the toilet, but if you have none it will negatively affect your restaurant city popularity level. You will have to have a bathroom starting at level 8, so before this you will not be penalized for not having a toilet.
There are several factors that go into your current calculation of Restaurant City popularity. Generally, popularity is the calculation of how happy your customers and employees are. Here are a few tips to get your popularity up or maintain it once it is there.
- Make sure your employees are well fed or rested. Keep your eye on what the percent of energy they have. We recommend giving them a bottle of water every time they reach 75%
- When you log off for the day, place something in front of the door to prevent customers from coming in and rest your employees. This will maintain your popularity for the next time you log in.
- If you are over level 7, provide your customers toilets
High popularity affects how many people want to come to your restaurant. The higher your popularity, the more people you will have come in to your restaurant and therefore how much money and gourmet points you will gain.